14 May 2011

California Meteor 13MAY2011

California Meteor 12:55am 13MAY2011

San dimas California
Guest363 (guest):Just saw a bright meteor fall right over San dimas California

Burbank, CA
Erik Heintz wrote: Approximately 1255am 13May2011 Burbank, CA. I was traveling NW on N.Hollywood Way towards Verdugo in Burbank, CA when I saw a LARGE blue/green object fall to the earth to the NW at what looked like less than a mile away. I saw a helicopter using a search light in the area where the object appeared to land a couple minutes later.

Riverside/Ontario, CA
On May 13, 2011, at approximately 1am, I was driving in Southern Ca.in Riverside/Ontario area. It was near Ontario International Airport. I saw a huge fireball in the sky. It passed in front of me overhead. It was so close,I waited to hear some kind of explosion, but there was none. Please tell me Im not crazy, and someone else saw something strange in the sky as well.
Janette
-----
other events:

southern california ~9:00 pm 12MAY2011
Guest309 (guest): I saw two meteors in the southern california sky heading north at around 9 to 9:30pm on May 12, 2011

Please help out with information.
Anyone with a report of these events please let me know.  Your Location (town,city), time, Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Brightness (venus, moon, Sun), color, sounds?  Thank you!  LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Saw the same thing at the same time, but near San Rafael, in northern California.

Anonymous said...

I also saw the ones in San Rafael. There was a large primary that was pretty fast like lightening, and heard a small explosive report and about 2 minutes later a smaller secondary but longer in duration.