21 May 2011

Chatbox Meteor Reports 16MAY-21MAY2011

Chatbox Meteor Reports 
NOTE: (Date/Timestamp; Tokyo Japan)

May 18 2011, 8:52 AM
Tracey Aileen Lightheart Kennedy: Hi all. I saw something that lit up the night sky,around 10:50 EST last evening, so the 16th of may. To be honest I don't know what it was. But guelph ontario canada, west direction. the event lasted for a minute, I was speaking with a friend on skype so I have the time pretty exact. ps if I find a rock like that I'm keeping it..lol


May 18 2011, 1:01 PM
Mandy Musselman:10:45 - 11:00pm,May 15/11,Strathmore AB. also it started in the SE part of the sky to the NE becoming smaller and fizzing out. Couple seconds.


May 18 2011, 9:42 PM
PLANK (guest): Does anyone know of a meteor in S. E.Georgia on May 17,2011 in the Baxley/Hazlehurstarea. Loud booms heard around 11:00 am. No sitings,just booms... Thanks


May 19 2011, 12:22 AM
Guest925 (guest):Monday May 16 -Alberta at 7:57-ish.Did anyone else see a meteor travelling from east to west off to the north of highway 16? Being not really awake -waiting for the bus - i first thought it was a kite as it had a tail but then realised it was a meteor as it was moving and sparking - bluish Sorry - apparently, I'm still not really awake - it was at 6:57 (not 7:57)and north of Spruce Grove, Alberta Canada! It took a bit to register as it was full daylight which is why for a second, I thought it was a turquoise blue kite!Pretty though.

May 19 2011, 6:34 AM
Guest590 (guest):Driving last night 5/17/11 about 2120 saw a fireball in sky over florida/alabama border (pensacola)

May 19 2011, 9:44 PM
Guest295 (guest):Bright bolide travel rapidly at a low/flat trajectory north to south - grazer. High school space class ringwood victoria Australia lat/long -37 47 S 145 17 E 19/05/2011 @~ 10:00 UTC swanssm@gmail.com

May 20 2011, 2:33 PM
Guest479 (guest):Edmonton Alberta,11:25ish pm, meteor to the north east of the city. came straight down,only caught the last couple seconds of it,initially thought it was fireworks coming down.

May 20 2011, 7:49 PM
Guest49 (guest):From east of Christchurch New Zealand, We have sightings of asteroid/meteor early this morning 20 May,Friday around 7:20am New Zealand time. It was a good size fireball with orangey trail going in one direction to the east pacific ocean in a very high speed that lasted for over 10 minutes. I took video but it was in the last 5 minutes of it because we have trouble finding the camera to start and camera to work the video mode as I was also talking on the phone with my husband at his work,his workmate come out and seen it too. Wondering why its not in the news here in NZ though -Cherry

May 21 2011, 9:42 AM
Guest761 (guest): see a few stars shooting past on the east coast australia .

May 21 2011, 2:26 PM
Guest772 (guest): last night May 19,approx 11:20pm St.Albert ,AB Canada.traveled from east to west,beautiful green got really large with a white tail just before it went poof very low in the sky.

May 22 2011, 9:07 AM
sammym (guest):saw a meteor in Germany about 2 and a half hours ago, it was big and exploded in the end freaky, felt like in a movie..

May 22 2011, 1:54 PM
Mary LaChiusa: On my way home from work about 12:10 est I saw a huge blue ball shoot slowly across the sky! It was amazing!

May 22 2011, 2:32 PM
Jennifer Newton-Just: Thursday May 18, approx 11:30pm -12:00am @Ardrossan, Alberta. I had my eyes closed trying to fall asleep when all of a sudden an intensely bright light prompted me to open my eyes. I thought it was Edmonton's police chopper with its spotlight on but the flash of light appeared to plummet rapidly out of the night sky therefore ruling out the helicopter theory.The flash lasted for only a split second -Much to my dismay!It was in the NE sky and it appeared to be the size of a golf ball. The flash appeared to be white -- very bright. I never noticed a color. It was over way too fast. Brightest light I have ever seen!

Photos? Videos?
Please help out with information. We need the Date and Time of these events, please let me know your Location (town,city), Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Brightness (venus, moon, Sun), color, sounds? Thank you!
LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

2011 Year of Green Meteors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the meteorite on Europe, Baltic states about on 03,00 AM at local time??

Could it be possible?

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

I Saw a meteorite in Clovis, California at Approximately 9-Pm West Coast Time-I Was sitting in a Parking Lot Talking with my Husband-and just so happened to Look up into the sky directly in front of me and appeared directly at a slanted angle was an Object blazing Red at the front/ biggest part and it had what seemed to be a white glowing Tail behind the red part- The Object dove down into the atmosphere from above-and then like Magic exploded- and disappeared what seemed to be a few thousand feet still above the earth. I was stunned and felt very privileged to see this momentarily miracle before my eyes. For, I had never witness anything quite like this before. Amazing, and sometimes even that word cannot describe the events that Mankind sometimes witness- within a Mortal Life time existence.--Tana Lindley