05 May 2011

Chilliwack, British Columbia Meteor 4MAY2011

Chilliwack, British Columbia Meteor ~11:00 pm 4MAY2011
I saw something fall from the sky last night, it was something I have never seen in my 37 years of life, the sight of it made me gasp for air but it was truly beautiful. It was blue/green and the tall looked light yellow. It only lasted for about 5 seconds and it seem to disappear before it hit the ground. From my point of view it looked to be the size of a small car. At first I thought it was fireworks but it was a single streak of light and it was falling to the ground not going up into the sky. Can you tell me what you think it was because I think it was a Meteor. I live in Chilliwack, British Columbia and the date of the event was May 4, 2011 at about 11:00pm.
Candace

Anyone else witness this event? Have photos or video? Find a meteorite? If so please email your details of the meteor to LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Thank you! 
 2011 is the "Year of Green Fireballs"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April 30th 2011. Our family was up
chilliwack lake rd during the day and my husband got a picture of a green fireball in the sky above us. A green glowing light with a long smoky tail.We didn't actually see it ourselves until we got home. Friends were also at the lake that day and saw the same thing. We started researching and this is the closest explanation of what we saw. Our event occured April 30th 2011 approximately 2:00 pm.
Christine