14 May 2011

Illinois, Wisconsin Green Meteors Two 11:30 pm 12MAY2011

Illinois Green Meteor 11:30 pm Central 12MAY2011
Kewanee, IL  Meteor 11:30 pm 12MAY2011
Last night May 12, 2011 at around 11:30 PM, my daughter and I were headed home from Wal-Mart going North on Main Street in Kewanee, IL and to the west we saw a very large bright light with a red fiery tail. It was very colorful and only lasted for a few seconds. It was the most beautiful “falling star/meteor” we ever saw. I have never seen anything like it before.
Debra K.


Villa Park, Illinois. Two Meteors!precisely 11:30 PM May 12th, 2011
Last night, on May 12th, 2011, at precisely 11:30 PM, I spotted a meteor while standing outside in Villa Park, Illinois. It seemed like it was heading north east. For a few seconds it held a bright, colorful tail. The tail immediately dissipated, and it appeared that the meteor cooled down very quickly until it was no longer visible.
Roughly 30 minutes later, I spotted another meteor. This one seemed to be heading directly north and was not nearly as vibrant as the previous. It left a white colored trail for a few short seconds before being lost in the night sky.
I hope this information helps you in some way! Thanks, Chris Kolar

Chicago, Illinois
Guest484 (guest): May 12,2011, 11:30pm Central time, saw very bright and long meteor streak across the eastern sky,viewed from west of Chicago. Meteor appeared to be headed in a northeast direction.Lasted 3 or 4 seconds and left a nice, colorful trail.

Yorkville, Illinois
Guest224 (guest):Also saw May 12,2011 meteor, just past 11:30 p.m.Central time, from Yorkville, Illinois.Green-blue glow toward last part of my view. Hi,sorry; I saw two or three seconds, was just getting into my car so unable to tell if there was sound. No breakup that I saw. Glad to help. I also was glad to see other report; was easily the brightest and most colorful I've ever seen.

Chicago's NW side ~11:00 pm
Guest89 (guest):Around 11pm Thursday May 12th,viewed from Chicago's NW side, bright white light w/tail across southern sky.Viewable for several (3-4) seconds -brightest I've ever seen in the city.

East Troy, Wisconsin Meteor ~11:30pm 12MAY2011
Thats awesome I am in east troy wisconsin and around 11:30 pm last night I spotted the brightest shooting star I have ever seen in my 27 years, I think It was heading North. I was in my bed and happened to catch it out my window. This is the first time on your site and I think it's so cool other people in a different state could have possibly seen what I saw at the exact same time. God bless. -shimer

Franklin Park, Illinois Fireball ~10:30 12MAY2011
Last night on Thursday, May 12th around 10:30 PM in Franklin Park, Illinois my husband and I saw what appeared to be a fireball moving rapidly from south to north. At 1st I thought it was shooting star but it was too low and the colors were that of fire. As quick as it came it disappeared.
It was amazing! Never had seen anything like that before. -Minga


McHenry, IL. huge green ball with a spiral tail ~11:30 pm
It was between 11:30 PM and midnight on 5/12/2011. I was driving southeast in McHenry IL. Something caucht my eye in the sky above me. At first I thought the light came from a plane heading toward Ohare Airport. Then the orange light grew a thin tail. All of a sudden the "comet" exploded into a huge green ball with a spiral tail. This happened within a few seconds and was the most amazing thing in the sky I have EVER seen!!! - Anon.

Rio, Wi. specktacular meteor 11:30 pm may 12 2011
Rio, Wi. 11:30 pm may 12 2011 I saw a very specktacular meteor wile letting the dog out. It was east/south east of me, it was very bright and seemed to have a thicker tail than I have seen before.It went out then flashed again. - Anon.

Fox river grove, il.
Guest628 (guest): Fox river grove il. saw a bright green blue moteorite flaming trail and I even saw smoke. incredible sight. only second to the northern lights!

MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query):

New Lenox, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Illinois Brilliant Blue/Green Meteor 8MAY2011" by searching for green meteor.
15:10:08 -- 3 minutes ago

Burbank, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Durgapur, India Meteor 5MAY2011" by searching for meteor may 2011.
14:59:23 -- 14 minutes ago

Joliet, Illinois arrived from search.yahoo.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor sighting today.
14:38:50 -- 35 minutes ago

Chicago, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois Meteor 11APR2011" by searching for fireball in Illinois sky.
14:06:51 -- 1 hour 8 mins ago

Elmhurst, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois Meteor 11APR2011" by searching for Chicago meteor.
14:02:20 -- 1 hour 13 mins ago

Festus, Missouri arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Illinois Brilliant Blue/Green Meteor 8MAY2011" by searching for meteor 2011 may Illinois.
13:43:51 -- 1 hour 32 mins ago

Orland Park, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Illinois Brilliant Blue/Green Meteor 8MAY2011" by searching for meteor illinois may.

Oswego, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for fireball in the sky may 12, 2011.
15:58:55 -- 15 minutes ago

Glen Carbon, Illinois arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Ontario, Canada / Mid West US Green Bolide Fireball Meteor Multiple Events? ..." by searching for boom heard in Belleville last night may 12 2011.
03:04:26 -- 32 minutes ago

Please help out with information.
Anyone with a report of these events please let me know.  Your Location (town,city), time, Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Brightness (venus, moon, Sun), color, sounds?  Thank you!  LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

1 comment:

shimer1_2000@yahoo.com said...

Thats awesome I am in east troy wisconsin and around 11:30 pm last night I spotted the brightest shooting star I have ever seen in my 27 years, I think It was heading North. I was in my bed and happened to catch it out my window. This is the first time on your site and I think it's so cool other people in a different state could have possibly seen what I saw at the exact same time. God bless.