31 May 2011

Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News MBIQ Detects South Africa Meteor Event 30MAY2011

MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query) indicates that a meteor? event may have occurred in South Africa, 30MAY2011.  No other details are known at this time.  Anyone in South Africa that saw this event please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com  Thank you!

We need the Date and Time of these events
your Location name (town,city),
Start and Stop location in sky,
Direction of movement, 
Brightness (Venus, Moon, Sun)
Duration of event (seconds)
color, sounds?
Photos? Videos?

Johannesburg, Gauteng arrived from google.co.za on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for bright stars in the sky - gauteng.
14:44:37 -- 2 minutes ago

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape arrived from google.co.za on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: MA NY NJ CT PA ME VT MD Quebec, Canada Large Meteor Fireball 30APR2011" by searching for fireball in eastern cape 30 May 2011.
14:42:57 -- 44 seconds ago

2 comments:

hire a web programmer said...

Wow superb. I wish I can also be a part of this type of event. Hope for the luck coming soon.

Anonymous said...

To be honest I am not sure of the exact date (or time, but it was sometime in the last month..
I was sitting on the porch outside with a friend, facing South/South-East, when a bright green/blue ball of light appeared just to the right of my direct front view, only just above roof-high and travelling at a medium-fast speed from rite to left with a slight decent (225 degrees). Sorry I cannot be more specific, I don't have the best visual memory. But I do remember that it was quite spectacular and gave me quite a start when it first appeared. And while I know very little about these things I remember commenting that it looked as though it might have entered the atmosphere and seemed quite close..
Alexandra Meintjes -Cape Town, South Africa