24 May 2011

MBIQ indicates Lincoln, Nebraska Meteor 23MAY2011

MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Queries) indicate Lincoln, Nebraska Meteor 23MAY2011


Lincoln, Nebraska
I was talking to one of my employees, when I saw this. It was almost turquoise at the center and red and orange on the outer edges. It only lasted a second, the first one I have ever seen. I was looking south right by the University of Nebraska.
I wish I could more, but it was gone. I will never forget it. -Anon
Date/Time of the event?  Please email. LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

Prosser, NE. Bright White Object ~8:00 am 23MAY2011
My name is Dana. I saw something in the sky this morning and was curious to know what it was. I was traveling southbound on a highway about five miles south of Prosser, NE. I saw a bright white object with a tail behind it for about three seconds. The object was in my south southeast sky going down in about a 75-80 degree angle east to west. The time was about 8:00 a.m.


Blair, Nebraska 
21acres (guest): I'm in Blair, Nebraska sitting on my porch looking south at 8am CST ???, saw a very bright white object falling almost vertically and traveling very slightly west to east. Only viewed for a second or less just above the horizon. Weather was 59F, clear blue sky. This was amazingly bright, like burning metal and fairly large.



PAPILLION, NE 
I SAW THE BRIGHT ORANGE FIREBALL FALLING FROM THE SKY AT 800 AM 5-23-11 IT WAS AMAZING AND WILL NEVER FORGET IT /// IT FELT LIKE IT WAS LANDING IN PAPILLION NE BUT WHEN I REALLY THINK ABOUT IT ==IT MAY HAVE BEEN 50 MILES AWAY ITS SO HARD TO SAY== BUT I AM SURE IT WAS LARGE

Tecumseh, NE
I was traveling south on Hwy. 50 just west of Tecumseh, NE on Monday, May 23rd at about 8:05 AM. I saw the very same thing others have described. It was very bright, somewhat colorful....almost reflective like the sun bouncing off a very shiny surface. It was strikingly brilliant considering it was daytime. It had a tail that was quite long and seemed to remain in view for about 2-3 seconds. I saw it in the SW sky and it was traveling almost parallel to the horizon. It was bright enough that I first thought it to be a falling airplane or the space shuttle. First time I have ever seen one during the day like this.



West Point, NE
A friend and I saw this meteor also!! It was about 8 am. In the sky south of West Point, Nebraska. When I first seen it, it was sparkling white light! I said "What the hell IS that!!" My friend seen it too, and it seemed to catch fire. It looked like it was coming straight down to the ground. It was the first time I'd ever seen a meteor in the daytime. 


Linclon, NE

It was about 8am, my shop is just east of the stadium. It only lasted a second before it was blocked by a building. Pretty cool, had a small tail, very bright. I was surprised at how big it looked. - Keith
------
Lincoln, Nebraska arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: MO NE IA MN Meteor 20APR2011" by searching for meteor lincoln ne may 23rd 2011 .
08:02:03 -- 58 minutes ago

Lincoln, Nebraska arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor in nebraska May 23.
Photos? Videos?
Please help out with information. We need the Date and Time of these events, please let me know your Location (town,city), Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Brightness (venus, moon, Sun), color, sounds? Thank you!
LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com



2011 Year of Green Meteors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SAW THE BRIGHT ORANGE FIREBALL FALLING FROM THE SKY AT 800 AM 5-23-11 IT WAS AMAZING AND WILL NEVER FORGET IT /// IT FELT LIKE IT WAS LANDING IN PAPILLION NE BUT WHEN I REALLY THINK ABOUT IT ==IT MAY HAVE BEEN 50 MILES AWAY ITS SO HARD TO SAY== BUT I AM SURE IT WAS LARGE