21 June 2011

Breaking News- MBIQ Trigger Florida Green Bright Meteor 20JUN2011

MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query) has just detected a meteor event in Florida 20JUN2011.
Witnesses of this event please email me with full details of your sighting.  Thank you!  LunarMeteorite*Hunter, Tokyo

Persons living in these areas in Florida please do me a favor and call your local news outlets and tip them off about this event and PLEASE mention my site as a reference for their news reports: The Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/  email address for press contact LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com  Thank you all for your kind help and support for this educational (not for profit) website! -Tokyo  FaceBookers, YouTubers, Twitterers and Forum persons please help get the word out and please reference my site with a link; thank you!

Florida Meteor ~9:45 EDT 20JUN2011
v.6 (c) LunarMeteorite*Hunter/ Google Earth
All Rights Reserved- No Copy Allowed without written permission

St. Augustine, FL Meteor 9:45pm 20JUN2011 

 Kevin (email confirmation)  Thank you Kevin!


St. Augustine, FL Meteor 9:45pm 6/20/2011 - Dawn (email)  Thank you Dawn!


Riverview, FL (outside of Tampa, FL) June 20, 2011 approximately 9:45pm
Direction of movement? directly east
Duration of Event (seconds)? 4-5 seconds
Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? very bright, it looked like a rocket but it wasn't, as it got to its eastern-most point you could see it break up, it was bright yellow-orange -Lisa  Thank you Lisa!


Lakeland, FL
I saw it at about @ 9:45ish from Lakeland, FL. It was HUGE and slow moving and bright green, and very low.  -Anon.  Thank you Anon!

The Villages, Lake and Marion County, Florida
From The Villages in Lake and Marion County in Florida. We saw the shooting star at about 9:50 p.m. It was bright yellow with a huge fireball and a tail of light that extended a good distance behind. I heard no sound. It was clearly visible for approximately 10 seconds. It moved from right to left with a downward (fairly steep) trajectory. I was facing southeast. It was an incredible sight. Rev. Carol Rawlings-Chambers Thank you!

St.Petersburg, Florida
I live in St.Petersburg, Florida. (address) zip code of 33709....if this helps to pin point the location.) On the evening of Monday, 20 June 2011, I was sitting outside, as I often do, looking at the stars and hoping to see a "falling star". Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed! At approximately 9:42 (PM) I was facing east, when I saw the most beautiful "falling star" I've ever seen!! It seemed to be traveling slightly north-west to south-east and, when I first saw it, it looked to be "about" 35 to 40 degrees above the horizon. It was definetely moving fast! The "tail" was, at first, white and as it continued, the "tail" showed a brighter yellow, orange, and a little deeper orange color, not quite red. The leading edge, at one point near the "end of the show", showed a slight bit of black. After a couple of seconds, it seemed a "chunk" came apart from the main body, and it, too, had a "tail", but not as bright as the main one. It was quite bright. I would compare it to a quarter moon. Imagine, perhaps, seeing a lit match a few feet from you. I did not hear sound associated with the sighting. I would say that the duration of the sighting was 5 seconds. When it "went out", I would say it was about 20 to 25 degrees above the horizon. I don't know if this was a meteor, "space junk", or maybe even "E.T." (who knows!), but I feel very fortunate to have seen it! I'm sure you can tell that I am an "amateur" as far as sightings go, but I have searched the night skies before (mainly in California and Nevada) and I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before. Anyway.....I hope this is of some interest, and help, to you, and your friends/associates. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further help. My cell phone number is: (tele #). You have, by way of this e-mail, my e-mail and home address (address). Best wishes.......CONNI S. 

Thank you!


Winter Park, FL Meteor approx. 9:45 p.m. June 20, 2011
Meteor viewable for four to five seconds, wide trail, broke up just before disappearing. Began in the west-southwest and moved eastward, ending in the south. Altitude roughly horizontal at about 50 degrees. -Steve Elliott 

Thank you!


Seminole, FL
Yes, I saw this!!!! I can't believe it!! I thought it was a firework, but it was too high, too quiet, and lasted too long!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! No one believed me when I said I saw the BRIGHTEST shooting star EVER, so I decided to Google it and found your website!!! WOW!! I didn't realize it was a meteor fireball!! Anyway, for details....I live in Seminole, FL (Pinellas County). I took the dogs out about 9:50-ish PM EDT on Jun 20th, 2011; the fireball came from the west and was traveling east across the sky. I did not hear any noises. It was BIG and very BRIGHT, and FAST!!! It was a bluish-green in color!! I kept waiting in hopes of seeing another one!! It was PHENOMENAL!!! I thought I was dreaming and didn't really see what I thought I saw!! LOL!
Thanks, -Angela B 

Thank you!


----
MetCom Chatbox:

Guest585 (guest):I saw a meteor in Orlando about 935pm today 6/20/11

Dawn Arnold Usina: just saw meteor ... 9:45pm St.Augustine, FL

Anthony Zilinski: June 20, 2011,Riverview, FL near Tampa)around 9:30pm.Bright yellow-orange. What a sight!
---
MBIQ Data:


Altamonte Springs, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for bright light across florida slies June 20 2011.


Seminole, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for Green light in sky 2011 june 21.


Deland, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for shooting star central florida june 20.


New Port Richey, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for any meteors on 6/20/2011.


Kissimmee, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteors june 20, 2011.


Sarasota, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for florida shooting star june 20th 2011.


Oviedo, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for what was the flash of light in the sky tonight in central florida june 20th 2011.


Tampa, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteorite in florida june 20,2011.


Saint Petersburg, Florida arrived from search.yahoo.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: MBIQ Trigger Florida Green Bright Meteor 20JUN2011" by searching for meteor st. petersburg florida.

Largo, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor over florida.
11:36:28 -- 3 minutes ago

Clearwater, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Traffic suggests Colorado, Washington, Florida, Arizona, B.C. Green Fireball Meteors 26JAN2011" by searching for meteor seen over st.petersburg florida june 20 2011.
11:13:15 -- 25 minutes ago

Orlando, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor sighting today.
11:10:59 -- 25 minutes ago

Palm Coast, Florida arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: May 2011" by searching forgreen glow in the sky with fire coming off.
10:48:45 -- 45 minutes ago

Date and Time of event?
Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor?
Start and Stop location in sky? 
Direction of movement? 
Duration of Event (seconds)? 
Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? 
Photos? Videos? 
please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 Year of Meteors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i saw the same thing! it was a perfect bright light green circle falling off the sky leaving a white gas looking tail!

AMAZING!!!