08 June 2011

BC and Saskatchewan, Canada Meteor 7JUN2011 -- MBIQ Meteor Event Trigger

B.C. and Saskatchewan, Canada Meteor 7JUN2011 -- MBIQ Meteor Event Trigger


Saskatoon, SK, Canada between 10:40pm and 10:42pm Central Standard time.
I think I just saw a meteor in Saskatoon, SK, Canada between 10:40pm and 10:42pm Central Standard time. I was driving on Whiteswan drive, and in the North-East direction of the sky I saw a bright light, as bright as an LED light, looked like it could have just been the bulb of a tall lamp in the sky and I thought to myself 'I don't remember that lamp being there.' I watched it as I drove for atleast 30 seconds and as I got closer to it and it got a bit bigger and brighter, I watched it dissolve into the atmosphere little by little within about 4 seconds and it was gone. I pulled my car to the side of the road to see if maybe that bright light could have gotten hidden behind clouds (sounds unlikely) and I didn't see any clouds, it was clear sky where I had seen it. I was stunned. I don't know much about star stuff or if it was a meteor but would love to know if that was possible, or if other people saw it to.
Thank you, and get back to me if you can! -Amanda

Langley, BC Meteor  9:45pm 7JUN2011
Last night (July 07 2011) around 9:45pm I was driving down 200th in Langley, BC when I saw a large bright flaming ball with a black smoke trail behind it headed for the ground. It was fairly close to the ground before it decinigrated and stopped flaming. It was really crazy! It lasted about 30 seconds. Its location was west of 200th Street. The color was like a bright orange/yellow with black smoke behind it...like a tail.
I thought maybe it would be on the late night news or something but I can't find anything about it anywhere.
I guess no one else saw it? Was it a meteorite? If not, what could it of been?
Taylor

B.C. and Saskatchewan Canada Meteor? 7JUN2011 -- MBIQ Meteor Event Trigger:

Surrey, British Columbia arrived from google.ca on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor over vancouver june 07 2011.
14:25:53 -- 3 minutes ago

Winnipeg, Manitoba arrived from lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News".
14:24:45 -- 7 minutes ago

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan arrived from google.ca on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor in the sky tonight saskatoon june 7 2011.
14:10:01 -- 50 seconds ago

If anyone saw this event please email detail (read below).  Thank you!


We need the Date and Time of these events Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor, Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Duration of Event (seconds), Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Thank you! Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well.

 2011 Year of Meteor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

around 00- oo 30 06 07 i saw bright orange ball across sky it was last around 40 sec or more
this event was in Zrenjanin Serbia sky