04 August 2011

Abu Dhabi Meteor 9.15pm 4AUG2011


Abu Dhabi Meteor 9.15pm 4th Aug 2011


Want to report a huge meteor ( it could only be I guess). I stay in Abu Dhabi.
At about 9.15 pm tonight , I saw a extremely fast moving object at about a 30 to 40 deg angle travelling in east to west direction. Too fast to identify exactly.
Had a long tail and seemed so close that I thought it was going to hit the ground nearby. I have seen shooting stars etc before, this was nothing even close.
Hope someone else saw this as my wife thinks I am going crazy!
Regards,
Neil S. (contact info)
Thank you Neil for your kind report!

Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 The Year of Meteors!