30 September 2011

Arnhem, Netherlands (Holland) Bolide 30SEP2011

Arnhem, Netherlands (Holland) Bolide 30SEP2011
I saw a white meteor last evening, between 00:00 and 1 AM (=GMT+1) on 30 September, in Arnhem the Netherlands. It was a huge ball of white and lasted a stunning 9 to 12 seconds!!! I could not believe it at first. I had the time to move around and look at it a bit better because of the duration. It was going down and it was left of the big dipper (sorry i am no astronomer!) It went very slow and bright. It was a bright as the moon, but smaller. The size I estimate 8 or 9 times as Venus.
On the 26 September I also noticed a green comet falling, also a fireballl. It lasted only about 2-3 seconds. In the opposite direction of the white one I saw today. All week I've been skywatching, so this is what I saw!
Sasha Thank you Sasha!

We need your sighting reports:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!